With the advent of CoVid-19 please follow all directions on https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/Articles/A_E/Coronavirus
Ensure you maintain solid hygiene procedures within your home and work place.
The Association provides advice and assistance to Justices of the Peace throughout Western Australia.
JPs are volunteers and do not get paid.
Justices of the Peace may;
- preside a Magistrate court
- sign search warrants for the Police,
- authorise the issuing of summons for Police,
- preside a Prison court,
- assess & approve bail and surety applications,
- witness public documents.
A Justice of the Peace should be willing to perform the duties of a JP when called upon.
Becoming a JP is a great step toward assisting your local community and in certain areas, national and international communities.
We can be found at the Central Law Courts, Level 2a South, 501 Hay Street, Perth. WA 6000