The Association provides advice and assistance to Justices of the Peace throughout Western Australia.
JPs are volunteers and do not get paid.
Justices of the Peace may;
- preside a Magistrate court
- sign search warrants for the Police,
- authorise the issuing of summons for Police,
- preside a Prison court,
- assess & approve bail and surety applications,
- witness public documents.
A Justice of the Peace should be willing to perform the duties of a JP when called upon.
Becoming a JP is a great step toward assisting your local community and in certain areas, national and international communities.